Definition of rifle range in English:
1A place for practicing shooting with rifles.
- Major Caporn said the main aim of this training was to allow the group to qualify on the rifle range, practise training as a platoon, gain experience in patrolling and learn how to conduct themselves if fired upon.
- Next time you're on a rifle range back at home station, try doing some training using your iron sights along with all the other attachments.
- The competition was held at the biathlon rifle range at Whiskey Flat, near Mt Hotham, in the Victorian Alps last month.
1.1An attraction at a fairground in which people fire rifles at targets in order to win prizes.
- Then there are three more standing on the side of the road and I get the feeling of what it must be to be target in a fairground rifle range.
- There were dodgem cars, helter-skelters, waltzers, ghost trains, rifle ranges and lots more but two I remember more than most.
- Already lined up are a rifle range, go-kart track, swimming pool and bowling alley.
Definition of rifle range in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.