Definition of right-minded in English:
Having sound views and principles.
- This death cult should be regarded with abhorrence by all decent and right-minded people.
- I can only hope that the observations of Mr Richardson were meant in the spirit of fun, and that, in this day and age, no right-minded individuals continue to subscribe to such dated and sexist views.
- Judge Watson told Burnley Crown Court: ‘Any right-minded thinking person who saw these photographs would be struck by the humiliation and degradation which you imposed upon her.’
- Example sentences
- The path to the suppression of suffering is the Noble Eightfold Path, which consists of right views, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right-mindedness, and right contemplation.
- But that presumes a level of right-mindedness and competence that I don't see in our government right now.
Definition of right-minded in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.