Definition of right-minded in English:
Having sound views and principles.
- This death cult should be regarded with abhorrence by all decent and right-minded people.
- I can only hope that the observations of Mr Richardson were meant in the spirit of fun, and that, in this day and age, no right-minded individuals continue to subscribe to such dated and sexist views.
- Judge Watson told Burnley Crown Court: ‘Any right-minded thinking person who saw these photographs would be struck by the humiliation and degradation which you imposed upon her.’
- Example sentences
- The path to the suppression of suffering is the Noble Eightfold Path, which consists of right views, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right-mindedness, and right contemplation.
- But that presumes a level of right-mindedness and competence that I don't see in our government right now.
Definition of right-minded in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan