Definition of ring-neck in English:
Any of a number of ring-necked birds, in particular.
- ● A ring-necked pheasant. See pheasant ● Australian A green parrot with a yellow collar (genus Barnardius, family Psittacidae: two species). ● A ring-necked duck (Aythya collaris, family Anatidae).
- On the one hand, you have the uplands: home to the ruffed grouse and the woodcock, the ringneck pheasant, the bobwhite quail, and just possibly sharptail grouse and Hungarian partridge, too.
- Wigeon, scaup, ringnecks and a considerable number of mallards make use of the parkland habitat, Sharp said.
- It made a good all-around bird gun and took its share of ringnecks.
Definition of ring-neck in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.