Definition of ring-neck in English:
Any of a number of ring-necked birds, in particular.
- ● A ring-necked pheasant. See pheasant ● Australian A green parrot with a yellow collar (genus Barnardius, family Psittacidae: two species). ● A ring-necked duck (Aythya collaris, family Anatidae).
- On the one hand, you have the uplands: home to the ruffed grouse and the woodcock, the ringneck pheasant, the bobwhite quail, and just possibly sharptail grouse and Hungarian partridge, too.
- Wigeon, scaup, ringnecks and a considerable number of mallards make use of the parkland habitat, Sharp said.
- It made a good all-around bird gun and took its share of ringnecks.
Definition of ring-neck in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan