- Any of a number of ring-necked birds, in particular.
More example sentences
- ● a ring-necked pheasant. See pheasant ● Australian a green parrot with a yellow collar (genus Barnardius, family Psittacidae: two species). ● a ring-necked duck (Aythya collaris, family Anatidae).
- On the one hand, you have the uplands: home to the ruffed grouse and the woodcock, the ringneck pheasant, the bobwhite quail, and just possibly sharptail grouse and Hungarian partridge, too.
- Wigeon, scaup, ringnecks and a considerable number of mallards make use of the parkland habitat, Sharp said.
- It made a good all-around bird gun and took its share of ringnecks.
More definitions of ring-neckDefinition of ring-neck in:
- The British & World English dictionary