- Used in names of mammals and birds that have the tail banded in contrasting colors, e.g., ring-tailed lemur, or curled at the end, e.g., ring-tailed possum.More example sentences
- Yesterday, the model braved entry to the lemur enclosure to pose with the ring-tailed animals to help launch the competition.
- She's a ring-tailed lemur.
- Since the 1960s, Massachusetts state officials have been releasing non-native ring-tailed pheasants through the state for a fall hunting season.
More definitions of ring-tailedDefinition of ring-tailed in:
- The British & World English dictionary