Definition of ringed plover in English:
A small plover found chiefly in Eurasia, with white underparts and a black collar, breeding on sand or shingle beaches.
- Genus Charadrius, family Charadriidae: three species, in particular Charadrius hiaticula
- The Killdeer is the largest of the ringed plovers, and the only plover in its range with a double breast band.
- Bird species to be seen include ringed plover, oystercatcher, redshank and little grebe.
- In the past week, sand martins, swallows, chiffchaffs, wheaters and ringed plovers have all been seen there.
Definition of ringed plover in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan