- A seal of arctic and subarctic waters that has pale ring-shaped markings on the back and sides and a short muzzle.
More example sentences
- Phoca hispida, family Phocidae
- Their diet consists mostly of marine mammals such as the ringed seals, bearded seals and occasionally a walrus pup.
- While there is some geographic variation in their diet, their main prey are ringed seals and bearded seals.
- For example, years of very heavy ice in the 1970s and 1980s in the eastern Beaufort Sea resulted in markedly lower productivity of ringed seals and resulted in reduced polar bear productivity.
More definitions of ringed sealDefinition of ringed seal in:
- The British & World English dictionary