Definition of riparian in English:
1Of, relating to, or situated on the banks of a river: all the riparian states must sign an agreement
More example sentences
- There is far too much open water in this island where riparian owners are private citizens for a duty of such a wide general nature to be easily imposed by the law.
- The House of Lords held that as a riparian owner the company was entitled to enjoy access to the water in contact with its frontage and to have the water flow to it in its natural state.
- Fish and crustaceans enter this system, attracting native waterbirds, shorebirds, and seabirds, which regularly forage along the ditch's riparian banks.
1.1 Ecology Of or relating to wetlands adjacent to rivers and streams.
- With their support, we can improve and protect the stream and riparian habitats upon which the imperiled wildlife of the Green River fauna depends.
- Together, the two funding sources should ensure that significant portions of Green River riparian habitats are restored and protected.
- Floodplains supported softwood forests and bountiful warm-season riparian food resources such as fish and mussels.
Words that rhyme with riparianagrarian, antiquarian, apiarian, Aquarian, Arian, Aryan, authoritarian, barbarian, Bavarian, Bulgarian, Caesarean (US Cesarean), centenarian, communitarian, contrarian, Darien, disciplinarian, egalitarian, equalitarian, establishmentarian, fruitarian, Gibraltarian, grammarian, Hanoverian, humanitarian, Hungarian, latitudinarian, libertarian, librarian, majoritarian, millenarian, necessarian, necessitarian, nonagenarian, octogenarian, ovarian, Parian, parliamentarian, planarian, predestinarian, prelapsarian, proletarian, quadragenarian, quinquagenarian, quodlibetarian, Rastafarian, rosarian, Rotarian, sabbatarian, Sagittarian, sanitarian, Sauveterrian, sectarian, seminarian, septuagenarian, sexagenarian, topiarian, totalitarian, Trinitarian, ubiquitarian, Unitarian, utilitarian, valetudinarian, vegetarian, veterinarian, vulgarian
Definition of riparian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.