- A system of subparallel wavy ridges and furrows left on sand or mud by the action of water or wind, and sometimes fossilized.More example sentences
- The second clue is that many of the rocks have very conspicuous ripple marks on, which at least at first glance resemble those we might find on a common day seashore.
- The absence of symmetrical ripple marks indicates that the site of deposition was protected from wave action.
- The pattern of ripple marks and other features locked in southwestern Utah's sandstone indicates that the mineral grains had been blown in from those directions.
More definitions of ripple marksDefinition of ripple marks in:
- The British & World English dictionary