- A compressed mixture of meat and spices, coated in breadcrumbs and fried.More example sentences
- He said she would demand that the leftovers from Sunday lunch were recycled during the week, for the creation of dishes such as cottage pie and rissoles.
- Enjoy a free steak or rissole sandwich then stay around for street entertainment.
- I started cooking tea just before it started and had to run into the kitchen and turn over the rissoles and run back into the lounge room so I wouldn't miss any of the show.
early 18th century: from French, from Old French dialect ruissole, from a feminine form of late Latin russeolus 'reddish', from Latin russus 'red'.
More definitions of rissoleDefinition of rissole in:
- The British & World English dictionary