- The basic monetary unit of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Yemen, equal to 100 halala in Saudi Arabia, 100 dirhams in Qatar, and 100 fils in Yemen.More example sentences
- A Tamimi manager says the company pays an average salary of one Saudi riyal a day and grants leave once every two years.
- The ambassador is alleged to have deposited international drafts in Saudi Arabian riyals in amounts of between $2 million and $4 million, according to reports in the Washington Post.
- It says first class buildings for accommodation of Hajis in Makkah are easily available for 1,700 riyal but the committee hires these for 2,100 riyal.
via Persian from Arabic riyāl, from Spanish real 'royal'.
More definitions of riyalDefinition of riyal in:
- The British & World English dictionary