- 1A journey made by car, bus, etc..More example sentences
- The road trip that results, as one would expect, is ripe with adventure, from motorcycle crashes, to drunken endeavours, to amorous encounters with beautiful women.
- The remake tells the story of a family road trip that goes terrifyingly awry when the travelers become stranded in a government atomic zone.
- Miles resolves to go on a road trip with Jack, and heads up to California's wine region for a journey of self-discovery.
- 2North American In sports, a series of games played away from home.More example sentences
- Did you know that the basketball coach, gives each of his players a book before each road trip?
verbBack to top
- (road-trip) [no object] North American Make a journey by car, bus, etc.: they road-tripped from New Jersey to HollywoodMore example sentences
- Plato's a little thick, so he ends up cheating, and they end up road-tripping to Mount Olympus so he can wrestle in the Olympics.
- It's not like the doctor was road-tripping through Antarctica where there's no cell phone coverage.
- Through arrest reports and newspaper articles, he followed one activist as she road-tripped across the country from Oregon to California to Minnesota.
More definitions of road tripDefinition of road trip in:
- The British & World English dictionary