Definition of road trip in English:
1A journey made by car, bus, etc.
- The road trip that results, as one would expect, is ripe with adventure, from motorcycle crashes, to drunken endeavours, to amorous encounters with beautiful women.
- The remake tells the story of a family road trip that goes terrifyingly awry when the travelers become stranded in a government atomic zone.
- Miles resolves to go on a road trip with Jack, and heads up to California's wine region for a journey of self-discovery.
verbBack to top
(road-trip) [no object] North American Make a journey by car, bus, etc. they road-tripped from New Jersey to Hollywood
More example sentences
- Plato's a little thick, so he ends up cheating, and they end up road-tripping to Mount Olympus so he can wrestle in the Olympics.
- It's not like the doctor was road-tripping through Antarctica where there's no cell phone coverage.
- Through arrest reports and newspaper articles, he followed one activist as she road-tripped across the country from Oregon to California to Minnesota.
Definition of road trip in:
- British & World English dictionary