Definition of roaster in English:
1A container, oven, furnace, or apparatus for roasting something.
- The two of them took the heavy iron roaster from the oven and set it on the metal rack protecting the counter top.
- On the deck was a large picnic table, and just before the deck was a spot for a campfire and a pig roaster and grill.
- A reverberating furnace with two hearths heated a roaster to 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit to calcine the ore.
1.1A foodstuff that is particularly suitable for roasting, especially a chicken.
- The roasters didn't have that weird yellow color like many commercial chickens.
- In this part of the country, fryers have squeezed roasters out of existence in food markets.
- They are dual-purpose birds that lay eggs well and produce good roasters reasonably fast.
1.2A person or company that processes coffee beans.
- Hailing from Vancouver, B.C., he can most often be found at the local farmer's markets or independent coffee roasters.
- Fair Trade, however, is limited to small producers on farms averaging 12 acres who belong to small cooperatives, which excludes many socially conscious coffee roasters and importers.
- Last year, the company joined TransFair, an organization that guarantees that farmers will receive most of the $1.26 per pound that coffee roasters pay for high-quality beans.
Words that rhyme with roasterboaster, coaster, poster, toaster
Definition of roaster in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan