- 1A container, oven, furnace, or apparatus for roasting something.More example sentences
- The two of them took the heavy iron roaster from the oven and set it on the metal rack protecting the counter top.
- On the deck was a large picnic table, and just before the deck was a spot for a campfire and a pig roaster and grill.
- A reverberating furnace with two hearths heated a roaster to 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit to calcine the ore.
- 1.1A foodstuff that is particularly suitable for roasting, especially a chicken.More example sentences
- The roasters didn't have that weird yellow color like many commercial chickens.
- In this part of the country, fryers have squeezed roasters out of existence in food markets.
- They are dual-purpose birds that lay eggs well and produce good roasters reasonably fast.
- 1.2A person or company that processes coffee beans.More example sentences
- Hailing from Vancouver, B.C., he can most often be found at the local farmer's markets or independent coffee roasters.
- Fair Trade, however, is limited to small producers on farms averaging 12 acres who belong to small cooperatives, which excludes many socially conscious coffee roasters and importers.
- Last year, the company joined TransFair, an organization that guarantees that farmers will receive most of the $1.26 per pound that coffee roasters pay for high-quality beans.
More definitions of roasterDefinition of roaster in:
- The British & World English dictionary