noun[treated as singular]
- The branch of technology that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots.More example sentences
- They found cheap labor abroad, and by the use of robotics and digital technology blocked the labor movements as well as lowered wages.
- No doubt it benefits by twelve years of advancement, not only in computer graphics, but also in robotics technology.
- They have devised a system of robotics in which welding, riveting and beam placement are carried out by a few computer operators rather than by gangs of construction workers.
- More example sentences
- What the book really illustrates is the diversity of approaches that roboticists take when deciding on how to build a thinking robot.
- One of the discoverers was a roboticist famous for studying the gaits of everything from cockroaches to humans, in an attempt to perfect robotic walking.
- The Japanese roboticist noticed something interesting: The more humanlike his robots became, the more people were attracted to them, but only up to a point.
More definitions of roboticsDefinition of robotics in:
- The British & World English dictionary