Definition of rock cod in English:
Any of a number of marine fishes that frequent rocky habitats, especially in Australian waters.
- Several species, chiefly in the families Scorpaenidae and Serranidae
- A 27 kg male will consume roughly 25 per cent of his body weight in clams, crabs, squid and rock cod each day.
- Our rods were home made, but with my rod I caught rock cod, parrot fish and spotties.
- At the edge of the park, you find a collection of caves housing a school of giant rock cod, some stretching the whole of 2 metres.
Definition of rock cod in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan