Definition of rock cod in English:
Any of a number of marine fishes that frequent rocky habitats, especially in Australian waters.
- Several species, chiefly in the families Scorpaenidae and Serranidae
- A 27 kg male will consume roughly 25 per cent of his body weight in clams, crabs, squid and rock cod each day.
- Our rods were home made, but with my rod I caught rock cod, parrot fish and spotties.
- At the edge of the park, you find a collection of caves housing a school of giant rock cod, some stretching the whole of 2 metres.
Definition of rock cod in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.