- An idealized cycle of processes undergone by rocks in the earth’s crust, involving igneous intrusion, uplift, erosion, transportation, deposition as sedimentary rock, metamorphism, remelting, and further igneous intrusion.More example sentences
- Plane tectonics are necessary to process biogeochemical cycles to the rock cycle.
- Subjects of discussion include minerals in your house, mineral groups, mineral properties, mineral games, crystals, and the rock cycle.
- The principal focus of group tours is on the properties of rocks and minerals, the rock cycle, and the history of life through time.
More definitions of rock cycleDefinition of rock cycle in:
- The British & World English dictionary