- Inorganic material made into matted fiber used especially for insulation or soundproofing.More example sentences
- You can compensate for this stacking effect and achieve the desired total R-value by adding about one extra inch of insulation if the old insulation is fiber glass, or about ½ inch if the old insulation is rock wool or cellulose.
- Pipes for kitchen stoves, wood stoves, and furnaces should only be insulated with fiberglass or rock wool because cellulose may smolder if flue temperatures become hot enough.
- Pack gaps around an insulated chimney with unfaced rock wool or unfaced fiber glass insulation.
More definitions of rock woolDefinition of rock wool in:
- The British & World English dictionary