Definition of rocketry in English:
1The branch of science that deals with rockets and rocket propulsion.
- Independent India has made spectacular advances in rocketry and space science, making the country a force to reckon with, both during peace-time and during war.
- The workshop covered an overview of ISRO programmes, rocketry and applications of space science and technology.
- Arnold went on to foster the development of such transformational innovations as jet aircraft, rocketry, and supersonic flight.
1.1The use of rockets.
- There will also be a number of activities on the university's sports fields, including displays of rocketry.
- In rocketry, motors are designated with letters, and each succeeding letter is twice as big as the one before it.
- The narrator explains that this was because of Newton's Third Law of Motion: for every action there is a reaction equal and opposite in direction, which is useful in rocketry.
Definition of rocketry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan