(also rock fall)
Definition of rockfall in English:
1A descent of loose rocks.
- There are crevasses to fall into, rockfalls, avalanches, and severe weather, particularly the wind, on such a mountain.
- The topography is rugged and complex, prone to rockfalls and avalanches.
- Effective techniques of fighting the enemy in the mountains are induced rockfalls, avalanches, glacier movements and mudslides.
1.1A mass of fallen rock.
- The Glen Lyon Millennium Event takes the form of a horseshoe route which follows an old peat track past a flowing burn, replete with deep pools, rockfalls and ancient trees.
- In eight groups of rockfalls more than 75,000 years old, broken speleothems are the only record of the prehistoric seismicity.
- On first inspection it looked none too promising with the roof of a nice 2m wide by 1m tall shaped passage giving out to a loose rockfall.
Words that rhyme with rockfallnightfall • shortfall
Definition of rockfall in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan