(also rockhopper penguin)
Definition of rockhopper in English:
A small penguin with a yellowish crest, breeding on subantarctic coastal cliffs that it ascends by hopping from rock to rock.
- Eudyptes chrysocome, family Spheniscidae
- They are the main icon of the continent, and there are plenty of penguin names, including chinstraps, gentoos, jackasses, kings, macaronis, rockhoppers.
- The rockhopper penguin looks like it has very crazy ‘hairstyle’.
- This time will provide the window of opportunity to collect the baseline health data on mallard ducks and rockhopper penguins prior to the teals’ release.
Definition of rockhopper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia