(also rockhopper penguin)
Definition of rockhopper in English:
A small penguin with a yellowish crest, breeding on subantarctic coastal cliffs that it ascends by hopping from rock to rock.
- Eudyptes chrysocome, family Spheniscidae
- They are the main icon of the continent, and there are plenty of penguin names, including chinstraps, gentoos, jackasses, kings, macaronis, rockhoppers.
- The rockhopper penguin looks like it has very crazy ‘hairstyle’.
- This time will provide the window of opportunity to collect the baseline health data on mallard ducks and rockhopper penguins prior to the teals’ release.
Definition of rockhopper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.