(also rockhopper penguin)
A small penguin with a yellowish crest, breeding on subantarctic coastal cliffs that it ascends by hopping from rock to rock.
- Eudyptes chrysocome, family Spheniscidae
More example sentences
- They are the main icon of the continent, and there are plenty of penguin names, including chinstraps, gentoos, jackasses, kings, macaronis, rockhoppers.
- The rockhopper penguin looks like it has very crazy ‘hairstyle’.
- This time will provide the window of opportunity to collect the baseline health data on mallard ducks and rockhopper penguins prior to the teals’ release.
Definition of rockhopper in:
- The British & World English dictionary