Definition of rockling in English:
A slender marine fish of the cod family, typically occurring in shallow water or tidal pools.
- Genera Ciliata and Rhinomenus, family Gadidae: several species
- Spider crabs stalked the seabed; wrasse, blennies, shannies and rockling darted over the reefs, and pollack wheeled overhead.
- The bait also attracts additional dogfish, flounders, rockling, pout and school bass and makes for a busy session.
- Tope packs come in shallow and work the edges of stony reefs looking for black bream, school bass, rockling and even small dogfish.
Words that rhyme with rocklingmotorcycling • hairstyling
Definition of rockling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan