Definition of rockling in English:
A slender marine fish of the cod family, typically occurring in shallow water or tidal pools.
- Genera Ciliata and Rhinomenus, family Gadidae: several species
- Spider crabs stalked the seabed; wrasse, blennies, shannies and rockling darted over the reefs, and pollack wheeled overhead.
- The bait also attracts additional dogfish, flounders, rockling, pout and school bass and makes for a busy session.
- Tope packs come in shallow and work the edges of stony reefs looking for black bream, school bass, rockling and even small dogfish.
Definition of rockling in:
- British & World English dictionary