Definition of rockrose in English:
1A herbaceous or shrubby plant with saucer-shaped, roselike flowers, native to temperate and warm regions. See also labdanum.
- Genera Cistus and Helianthemum, family Cistaceae
- As the sun ducks behind a cloud to the west, the air cools a few degrees and a wind fills the trees, holm-oaks and mulberries, and the grasses - wild thyme, lavender, rock rose and rice straw.
- Wild thyme, birdsfoot sedge and a host of other herbs grow among the grasses, alongside common spotted orchid, rock rose and fragrant orchids.
- Colour came from the flowers against the green turf, purple wild thyme, yellow birds foot trefoil, and on the slopes wild strawberry and in crag crevices the pure yellow of the rock rose.
Definition of rockrose in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan