- 1An avalanche of rock.More example sentences
- Don't forget that, in the end, it's not lightning or rapids, avalanches or equipment, rockslides or icefalls that are going to get you.
- There were always small rockslides or mudslides happening there.
- As the sonic booms of her passage echoed from the rocky canyons, though, small rockslides tossed debris into the murky water as if to signal some kind of warning.
- 1.1A mass of rock deposited by an avalanche.More example sentences
- Three of us had threaded the needle between two peaks and descended the rockslides in order to fish a lake perched under the summit of Mount Oso.
- Traveling south by van, Teddy and her Nature Conservancy companions were hindered by rockslides but continued on to Deqin.
- An overflight of the epicentral region on Wednesday revealed numerous small rockslides and snowslides adjacent to the fault over a 25-mile long zone.
More definitions of rockslideDefinition of rockslide in:
- The British & World English dictionary