- A unit of ionizing radiation, the amount producing one electrostatic unit of positive or negative ionic charge in one cubic centimeter of air under standard conditions.More example sentences
- She talked about rems and rads and roentgens per hour, and at first, he tried to memorize her words, but he wasn't able to commit the information to memory.
- A lethal exposure of radiation ranges from 300 to 500 roentgens an hour; levels in the tour areas vary from 15 to several hundred microroentgens an hour.
- Some paramecium can withstand 200,000 roentgens.
1920s: named after Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen ( see Röntgen, Wilhelm Conrad).
More definitions of roentgenDefinition of roentgen in:
- The British & World English dictionary