- Denoting a passenger ferry or other method of transportation in which vehicles are driven directly on at the start of the voyage or journey and driven off at the end of it.More example sentences
- The ro-ro ferry, with 12 passengers on board, lost power in gale force winds while approaching St Margaret's Hope in March.
- The first is by roll-on roll-off vessel, the vehicle being driven below decks where it is secured and then driven off at its destination.
- The yard is working on eight ships at the moment, five being ro-ro ferries.
More definitions of roll-on roll-offDefinition of roll-on roll-off in:
- The British & World English dictionary