1A cylinder that rotates around a central axis and is used in various machines and devices to move, flatten, or spread something.
- This resistance could be reduced if the fixed shafts of the rollers were rotated as they moved.
- Product is palletized and moved over rollers and stored in one of the facility's freezers at - 18 degrees F.
- Its two moving and two fixed feed rollers are hydraulically serial connected, and six delimbing knives ensure high quality logs.
1.1An absorbent revolving cylinder attached to a handle, used to apply paint.
- During the final phases, he uses a roller to apply paint to the highest points of the surface and then uses small brushes to add highlights.
- Big sheets of paper cover the patio, and kid-safe paint, rollers, brushes, and stamps are everywhere.
- Most painting projects require more than paint, brushes or rollers.
1.2A small cylinder on which hair is rolled in order to produce curls.
- After using the curling iron or rollers, allow your hair to completely cool.
- Curl with either rollers or curling iron, remove ponytail and brush out.
- After setting the hair on large rollers and drying it under a hooded dryer, he says she ran her fingers through it to loosen the curls and create softness.
2A brightly colored crow-sized bird with predominantly blue plumage, having a characteristic tumbling display flight.
[ Late 17th century: from German Roller, from rollen 'to roll']
- Genera Coracias and Eurystomus, family Coraciidae: several species, especially the widespread European roller (C. garrulus)
- The delta, for example, has 325 species of birds - including spoonbills, European rollers and pelicans - and 160 of fish.
- When this bird flies it's called a lilac-breasted roller because it rolls in the sky.
Words that rhyme with rollerAngola, barbola, bipolar, bowler, bronchiolar, canola, carambola, circumpolar, coaler, Coca-Cola, cola, comptroller, consoler, controller, Ebola, eidola, extoller, Finola, Gorgonzola, granola, Hispaniola, kola, Lola, lunisolar, mandola, molar, multipolar, Ndola, patroller, payola, pianola, polar, Savonarola, scagliola, scroller, sola, solar, stroller, tombola, Tortola, troller, Vignola, viola, Zola
Definition of roller in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.