- 1Locomotives, carriages, wagons, or other vehicles used on a railroad.More example sentences
- Locomotive sheds and coaling facilities might cover many acres, and many companies developed manufacturing works capable of turning out locomotives and rolling stock.
- The workshop in which they maintain the present rolling stock and restore old locomotives was moved.
- In the short run the only way to obtain the necessary locomotives and rolling stock was from abroad; thus a programme of imports was implemented.
More definitions of rolling stockDefinition of rolling stock in:
- The British & World English dictionary