A person who is unwilling to settle for long in one place.
More example sentences
- This week sees even you rolling stones settling into the pleasures of restful domesticity.
- You rolling stones are best off investigating the pleasures of domesticity this week.
- Free-spirited and eccentric she, the rolling stone of the crew, fills most of her time trying to find herself when she's not working on her documentary about single mothers.
a rolling stone gathers no moss
- proverb A person who does not settle in one place will not accumulate wealth, status, responsibilities, or commitments.More example sentences
- He certainly was not sympathetic towards the spirituality of them, and he once commented to a friend considering the monastic life, ‘It is true that a rolling stone gathers no moss, but then, why should it?’
- Just as a rolling stone gathers no moss, an active brain grows no hair.
- But sometimes you just have to take the rough with the smooth, watch the way the cookie crumbles, let sleeping dogs lie, and remember that a rolling stone gathers no moss.
Definition of rolling stone in:
- The British & World English dictionary