- A lettuce of a variety with crisp narrow leaves that form a tall head.More example sentences
- Turn over a new leaf with romaine, radicchio, arugula, bok choy, watercress, frisée and mesclun (a mix of baby lettuce leaves) and mix them.
- Is romaine lettuce standard for a chef's salad?
- Meanwhile, rip up the romaine lettuce into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
early 20th century: from French, feminine of romain 'Roman'.
More definitions of romaineDefinition of romaine in:
- The British & World English dictionary