- A system of Romanized spelling used to transliterate Japanese.More example sentences
- Thus, the systematic combination of kanji and kana, and to a limited extent, of romaji in the Japanese orthography, provides rich sources for research and pedagogy.
- The last alphabet the Japanese use is this one, the roman alphabet, called romaji in Japan and not really used very much, except in train stations which is very useful if you are going somewhere new.
- I've heard all the standard arguments about how romaji themselves are fashionable here in Japan, it doesn't necessarily matter what they say.
early 20th century: from Japanese, from rōma 'Roman' + ji 'letter(s)'.
More definitions of romajiDefinition of romaji in:
- The British & World English dictionary