- 1A writer, artist, or musician of the Romantic movement.More example sentences
- Like the leading surrealists he undertook a serious study of psychoanalysis and cultivated a friendship with the German romanticist writer Hermann Hesse for whose books he provided illustrations.
- After a brief stint as a literary critic in the columns of L' Indicatore Genovese on the side of the romanticists against classicists, he found his way into the secret society of the carbonari to conspire and agitate for government reform.
- It was a pathetic love story of the romanticist poetess Elizabeth Barrett and novice poet Robert Browning.
More definitions of romanticistDefinition of romanticist in:
- The British & World English dictionary