noun (plural ronds de jambe pronunc. same)Ballet
- A circular movement of the leg that can be performed on the ground or during a jump.More example sentences
- It's a difficult variation full of slow pirouettes, sweeping grand ronds de jambe, soaring jetés, and meditative walks.
- ‘I take students from where they are in terms of interests and then begin to teach plié, rond de jambe, and a modern dance walk - skills that follow the national standards for dance,’ she says.
- When they sweep one foot in a rond de jambe, it has to be done with the entire sole and not the tip of the toe.
More definitions of rond de jambeDefinition of rond de jambe in:
- The British & World English dictionary