Definition of rondavel in English:
1A traditional circular African dwelling with a conical thatched roof.
- Martin is justifiably proud of the quality of the construction, thatching, painting and plastering of the rondavels.
- We used to have five rondavels, big land for cultivation and livestock, but when we were removed we lost virtually all of that.
- Upon hearing the shots, the man said he ran from his rondavel and managed to apprehend one of the fleeing suspects, whom he recognised as a relative of Mama who had recently been fired.
1.1A building based on the design of a rondavel, used as a guest room, storeroom, or vacation cottage.
- Accommodation ranges from rondavel huts and safari tents to family bungalows and cottages and luxury guesthouses.
- Many are highly individual in their design ranging from rustic tree houses, to grass roofed rondavels or elaborate tents set under permanent thatched canopies.
- He certainly found it, and ten years ago bought his small corner of paradise and built twenty five rondavels and a restaurant and bar on a small islet opposite.
From Afrikaans rondawel.
Words that rhyme with rondavelHavel, larval, marvel, Marvell
Definition of rondavel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.