Definition of rookie in English:
1A new recruit, especially in the army or police: [as modifier]: a rookie cop
More example sentences
- Even a rookie police officer could see he was involved with the other assassins.
- We were presented with NYPD sleeve patches, shown around the police museum, visited the Police Academy where rookies were trained, and shown their incident vehicles.
- Tracking down a horrifying killer, a rookie cop discovers what it is like for the hunter to become the hunted.
1.1A member of an athletic team in his or her first full season in that sport.
- Naturally, he is adept at organizing hockey camps and schools - an invaluable skill to have for a coach of a team that featured 12 rookies this season.
- Many of our team members were rookies, myself included.
- Although many of the current players are former athletes, others are rookies not only to football but to sports in general.
Definition of rookie in:
- British & World English dictionary