- The square root of the arithmetic mean of the squares of a set of values, used as a measure of the typical magnitude of a set of numbers, regardless of their sign.More example sentences
- The root mean square (similar to area under a curve) or power is then calculated for each of the frequency bands.
- Then the square root of the sum was taken to form a root mean square error.
- The average absolute error and the root mean square error are measures of forecasting accuracy.
More definitions of root mean squareDefinition of root mean square in:
- The British & World English dictionary