(also acne rosacea)
- A condition in which certain facial blood vessels enlarge, giving the cheeks and nose a flushed appearance.More example sentences
- For example, the condition acne rosacea is caused by permanent widening of the blood vessels of the skin of the cheeks and nose.
- This condition is distinguishable from rosacea because it affects all sun-exposed areas of the body, and patients will develop light sensitivity with repeated exposure.
- Women are more likely to get rosacea on the cheeks and chin, but men are more likely to get rhinophyma.
late 19th century: from Latin, feminine of rosaceus in the sense 'rose-colored'.
More definitions of rosaceaDefinition of rosacea in:
- The British & World English dictionary