- A hemispherical diamond with the curved part cut in triangular facets.More example sentences
- I'm sorry I couldn't get you that rose diamond, but I thought you might like the next best thing.
- The most expensive were composed of a carved hardstone mounted in gold, with or without enameling, and with push-pieces of moonstone or sapphires bordered by rose diamonds.
- Cabochon-cut gemstones were almost always used for the push-piece, most often moonstone or Mecca stone (chalcedony stained blue-gray or pink), and these were often surrounded by rose diamonds or half pearls.
More definitions of rose diamondDefinition of rose diamond in:
- The British & World English dictionary