Definition of rosemary in English:
An evergreen aromatic shrub of the mint family, native to southern Europe. The narrow leaves are used as a culinary herb, in perfumery, and as an emblem of remembrance.
- Rosmarinus officinalis, family Labiatae
- Fennel, rosemary, marjoram, garlic, and juniper berries are variously favoured aromatics in Italian pork cookery.
- She took the breadcrumbs out and mixed them with oregano, basil, rosemary and black pepper.
- Thyme, rosemary, marjoram and lavender will act as a magnet for bees and butterflies.
Definition of rosemary in:
- British & World English dictionary