- 1chiefly British A list showing when each of a number of people has to do a particular job: a cleaning rota Compare with roster.More example sentences
- The post was found hours later by a dog owner and police traced the temporary worker from staff rotas at the sorting office.
- The rota was a print out of the weekly schedule fastened to a clipboard.
- The review will look at the different ways in which the public can access services, including GP cooperatives, commercial services, and practice rotas.
- 2 (the Rota) The supreme ecclesiastical and secular court of the Roman Catholic Church.More example sentences
- While the Austrians stepped up their pressure on the pope, Francesco pursued the issue through a papal court, the Rota, in April 1726.
- He carried with him a clarification from the Rota, that if the court's decision withstood appeal, it allowed Francesco to place Cornelia in a convent of his choosing.
- In February, the Rota ruled in his favor, declaring that the guardianship and the education of Cornelia Costanza belonged to Francesco.
early 17th century: from Latin, literally 'wheel'.