- A minute multicellular aquatic animal of the phylum Rotifera.More example sentences
- Ludwig's plan also calls for growing rotifers and copepod nauplii in ponds or indoor tanks and redesigning a device called a rotating drum filter to harvest them.
- Mammals cannot regenerate lost limbs, although they do have a limited capacity to replace the ends of digits, and nematodes and rotifers cannot regenerate at all.
- It is particularly common amongst arthropods and rotifers, and can also be found in some species of fish, amphibians, birds, and reptiles, but not in mammals.
More definitions of rotiferDefinition of rotifer in:
- The British & World English dictionary