- The first version of a movie after preliminary editing.More example sentences
- The film, which was submitted to Sundance at the rough-cut stage, was not accepted.
- Also included are nine deleted scenes, which are thankfully not presented in rough-cut footage form.
- I want to see the completed film, not the rough cut sent to me by the cinematographer.
verb(rough-cut) [with object] Back to top
- Cut (something) rapidly and without particular attention to quality or accuracy: it would be best to rough-cut the boards to size with a portable sawMore example sentences
- The book describes cutting and rounding the log, drawing the design, rough-cutting the figure, carving the add-on pieces, rounding figures and carving faces.
- It can be used on some dry-clean only fabrics if they're first rough-cut allowing enough excess fabric that the shrinkage incurred won't affect cutting the final pattern piece.
More definitions of rough cutDefinition of rough cut in:
- The British & World English dictionary