- A Provençal sauce made from pounded red chilies, garlic, breadcrumbs, and other ingredients blended with stock, typically added to bouillabaisse.More example sentences
- The stew-like soup was served in the traditional style, accompanied by toasted bread and a rust-coloured sauce called rouille that's made with mayonnaise, saffron and other spices.
- Heath likes to serve chunky fillet steaks of white fish under a herby, lemony crust, often with tapenade or rouille.
- He concluded by saying: ‘Expect excellent seafood, including proper fish soup with rouille and the lobster is spoken of in several counties.’
French, literally 'rust', with reference to the color.
More definitions of rouilleDefinition of rouille in:
- The British & World English dictionary