Definition of roulette in English:
1A gambling game in which a ball is dropped onto a revolving wheel ( roulette wheel) with numbered compartments, the players betting on the number at which the ball will come to rest.
- The book does provide reasonable introductions to several casino games, such as roulette, craps, and baccarat.
- The site offers slots, roulette and animated card games including poker and blackjack.
- Players at the hotel's casino can choose from four gambling tables, three of them for card games and one for roulette.
2A tool or machine with a revolving toothed wheel, used in engraving or for making slit-shaped perforations between postage stamps.
- This is a method of puncturing a plate with roulettes, punches, and other tools so that modelling is achieved with greater or lesser accumulations of dots.
- Frequently the engraver began by etching the foundation of the design, and then built it up by the use of a special curved burin and by roulettes, punches, and other tools.
verb[with object] Back to top
Words that rhyme with rouletteabet, aiguillette, anisette, Annette, Antoinette, arête, Arlette, ate, baguette, banquette, barbette, barrette, basinet, bassinet, beget, Bernadette, beset, bet, Bette, blanquette, Brett, briquette, brochette, brunette (US brunet), Burnett, cadet, caravanette, cassette, castanet, charette, cigarette (US cigaret), clarinet, Claudette, Colette, coquette, corvette, couchette, courgette, croquette, curette, curvet, Debrett, debt, dinette, diskette, duet, epaulette (US epaulet), flageolet, flannelette, forget, fret, galette, gazette, Georgette, get, godet, grisette, heavyset, Jeanette, jet, kitchenette, La Fayette, landaulet, launderette, layette, lazaret, leatherette, let, Lett, lorgnette, luncheonette, lunette, Lynette, maisonette, majorette, maquette, Marie-Antoinette, marionette, Marquette, marquisette, martinet, met, minaret, minuet, moquette, motet, musette, Nanette, net, noisette, nonet, novelette, nymphet, octet, Odette, on-set, oubliette, Paulette, pet, Phuket, picquet, pillaret, pincette, pipette, piquet, pirouette, planchette, pochette, quartet, quickset, quintet, regret, ret, Rhett, roomette, rosette, satinette, septet, serviette, sestet, set, sett, sextet, silhouette, soubrette, spinet, spinneret, statuette, stet, stockinet, sublet, suffragette, Suzette, sweat, thickset, threat, Tibet, toilette, tret, underlet, upset, usherette, vedette, vet, vignette, vinaigrette, wagonette, wet, whet, winceyette, yet, Yvette
Definition of roulette in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan