- A Eurasian freshwater goby that threatens native species of fish in the Great Lakes and Mississippi basin.
More example sentences
- Neogobius melanostomus, family Gobiidae
- In Lake Erie, USA, smallmouth bass vigorously defended their nests from benthic round gobies.
- Warming of the Great Lakes is likely to cause a seasonal decline in algae, an important food source for fish, and could make the lakes more hospitable to invasive exotic species such as round gobies.
- One theory is that zebra mussels and another invasive species, round gobies, may spread contaminants up the food chain.