Definition of round-nose in English:
1(Of a tool) having the end rounded, so as to produce a rounded cut or surface or to prevent accidents or damage.
- Using the felt-tip pen, mark the round-nose pliers 1/4 inch down from the tip.
- Place your round-nose pliers against the top of your bead dangle at the 1/4-inch mark and bend the wire over to form a right angle.
- Using round-nose pliers, unbend the wire handle ends inside the box and feed on large beads with large holes.
2(Of a bullet) having a rounded front end.
- For shooters who like the classic long, lean 160 grain round-nose bullets, the quick twist should be adequate to stabilize them.
- A lot of your customers own military-spec auto pistols in 9mm and .45 ACP that are designed to feed only full metal jacket round-nose ammunition.
- You might have had a choice in the manufacturer, but there was a single weight - 158 g in a round-nose lead bullet - and they were loaded to the same velocity.
nounBack to top
A bullet with a rounded front end.
- An early Browning or your customer's cherished World War II Walther P-38 that might jam on any other hollowpoint, will feed this stuff if it feeds full-metal jacket round-nose.
- Countless millions have sat glued to their televisions as Jerry fired six rounds, reloaded with a moon clip of round-nose .45 ACP, and fired six more - all hitting the target.
- Example sentences
- They claim there is no need for dagger-type knives with pointed tips to be used in the kitchen and want chefs and home cooks to use blunt, round-nosed knives instead.
- The .44 Russian cartridge case was just under 1’ in length at .97’ and used a round-nosed bullet of approximately 245 grains, at a muzzle velocity of 750 fps.
- The round-nosed, flat-point bullets now offered for cowboy shooting also work well in .44 Special sixguns be they of 200, 225 or 240 gr. weight.
Definition of round-nose in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan