- 1A short simple song with a refrain.More example sentences
- I've passed girls singing choral roundelays on Holyrood Road.
- They sat next to each other, face-to face, in the background, a roundelay of harp music playing softly.
- Metz's new arrangement focuses on ensembles supporting the soloists, and a concluding sixteen-bar roundelay with piano exchanges between clarinet, saxophone, trombone, and drums.
- 1.1A circle dance.More example sentences
- Many felt the director did just that with this film, a clever but routine roundelay of British aristocracy and murder.
- The film is a roundelay of unfulfilled desires: Frances is a beautiful woman, now dying, who wants to heal the emotional damage she's left in her wake.
- There is a comic roundelay that makes sense on its face, but if you think about it for a second, you realize how forced and unreal it is.
More definitions of roundelayDefinition of roundelay in:
- The British & World English dictionary