Definition of routinism in English:
The prevalence or domination of routine.
- This routinism extends to most of the performances, though Plummer, Domini Blythe as Goneril and Godin are the principal exceptions.
- The army of typists, filing clerks, cashiers and drivers were inefficient, reluctant to take initiative, and imbued with an ethos of red tape and routinism.
- This was a routine exercise, or rather perhaps an exercise in routinism.
- Example sentences
- The struggle against materialist dialectics expresses a distant, past conservatism of the petit bourgeoisie, the self-conceit of university routinists and a spark of hope for an after-life.
- The great innovator and the simple routinist resort in their investigations to the same technical methods of research.
Definition of routinism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan