Definition of royal fern in English:
A large pale green fern that has very long spreading fronds with widely spaced oblong lobes, occurring worldwide in wet habitats.
- Osmunda regalis, family Osmundaceae
- Honeysuckle, fraochan, wood sorrel, bugle, blue-bell, few-flowered woodrush, royal fern, hay-scented buckler fern and foxglove all occur on the forest floor along with numerous mosses and liverworts.
- Cinnamon fern and royal fern may appear in the wetter areas.
- This spring the lilies have come into flower at the same time as a nearby royal fern has begun to unroll its crosiers.
Definition of royal fern in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.