Definition of royal palm in English:
A New World palm that is widely cultivated as a roadside tree.
- Genus Roystonea, family Palmae: several species, in particular the Florida royal palm (R. elata) and the Cuban royal palm (R. regia)
- The rolling fairways are lined with coconut trees, royal palms and tall pines, and a small creek bisects the course.
- Directly behind la Darse you will find the Place de la Victoire with its stands of mango trees and tall royal palms.
- Eventually the gardens became more ornamental and this is largely what you see today, with an avenue of huge royal palms and the ponds with their vast lilies, frilly edged saucers a metre or more across.
Definition of royal palm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan