A New World palm that is widely cultivated as a roadside tree.
- Genus Roystonea, family Palmae: several species, in particular the Florida royal palm (R. elata) and the Cuban royal palm (R. regia)
More example sentences
- The rolling fairways are lined with coconut trees, royal palms and tall pines, and a small creek bisects the course.
- Directly behind la Darse you will find the Place de la Victoire with its stands of mango trees and tall royal palms.
- Eventually the gardens became more ornamental and this is largely what you see today, with an avenue of huge royal palms and the ponds with their vast lilies, frilly edged saucers a metre or more across.
Definition of royal palm in:
- The British & World English dictionary