- A method of dating rocks from the relative proportions of rubidium-87 and its decay product, strontium-87.More example sentences
- A fourth method, rubidium-strontium dating, is even better than potassium-argon dating for old rocks.
- Rubidium-strontium dating relies on the decay of rubidium-87 to strontium-87.
- Techniques such as potassium-argon dating and rubidium-strontium dating are fundamental to our ability to put a date on fossils, relating them to the span of geological time.
More definitions of rubidium–strontium datingDefinition of rubidium–strontium dating in:
- The British & World English dictionary