- A North American plant of the daisy family, with yellow or orange flowers and a dark conelike center.
More example sentences
- Genus Rudbeckia, family Compositae
- Some of the best and most widely adapted annual cut flowers with the longest vase life include alstroemeria, aster, celosia, cosmos, gypsophila, lavatera, rudbeckia, scabiosa, snapdragon, statice, sunflower, yarrow, and zinnia.
- Anthemis, Michaelmas daisies, heleniums, shasta daisies and rudbeckias all have a longer and more showy flowering period if rejuvenated from year to year.
- As their blooms begin to fade, attention is drawn to the daisy-like flowers of my rudbeckia, which then becomes the predominant focal point.
modern Latin, named after Olaf Rudbeck (1660–1740), Swedish botanist.
More definitions of rudbeckiaDefinition of rudbeckia in:
- The British & World English dictionary